Janitors in many cases are jacks of all trades. Aside from mopping floors and scrubbing toilets, they keep your restroom supply closet stocked – and, even though it is from backstage, keep your customers and employees happy. After all, who wants to work somewhere where the bathroom is constantly dirty, the toilet paper dispenser is always empty, and what is that smell coming from that overflowing trash can anyway?
So, whether you’ve hired QJS to take care of the janitorial needs of your business in Durham or the GTA, or you have another local company getting the work done for you, we would like to offer you some tips on keeping your building in tip top shape before, during and after your janitor’s regular rounds.
- Report anything unusual. We cannot stress this enough. If something unusual happened in your building, the trash needs to be discarded in a different dumpster, or there are new instructions on what needs to be done one day, don’t hesitate to speak up.
- Don’t put trash in cans without bags. This can obviously become a big mess, and require a lot more cleaning and work. Even though your company has a janitor, people should treat the office and workspace as if it is their home!
- Label recycling & trash. If you have both options – recycling and trash – in the breakroom, copy room, etc., be sure they are properly labeled. We truly want to be sure everything is put in its proper place, but that starts with your team knowing and understanding where to put things first.
- Don’t wait for us to arrive to replace the paper towel or toilet paper. We do our best to leave extra in easy-to-reach places. Encourage your team so be good Samaritans and replace empty rolls as needed. Please also ensure that the ladies in the office are using proper trash receptacles.
- Communicate key areas that need to be maintained. If there is a very important office that needs to be kept in tip top shape, or a toilet that tends to give you extra headaches throughout the week, just let us know. That will make it easier for us to serve you and meet your needs.
- This might seem obvious, but people sometimes look down on janitors or treat them as if they’re invisible. This includes things as little as saying hi – and respecting their work. For example, if there is a sign up saying a certain bathroom is closed for cleaning for a short time, please try to find another bathroom if possible.
QJS Services is proud to have confident, hard-working cleaners on our team who are happy to serve you, and courteous and professional. Please remember their job is not always the most pleasant, but they do it happily and with a smile.
Hiring a janitorial service should give you and your entire staff peace of mind that the building will always be clean, tidy, and ready for business.